Louise Asfoura is a Registered Psychologist working part-time for About Therapy (currently Wednesday evenings). She concurrently works full-time (government department) with pre-schoolers, primary-aged children and young people. Louise has over 11 years of experience in the counselling and assessment of children and adolescents as well as working with adults and families.
Louise’s professional psychology training has focussed on: psychopathology, educational assessment of young people and counselling practice. She utilises solution-focused, cognitive and interpersonal therapy techniques as well as sand play therapy. She has particular interests in working with young people and adults coping with the stressors and complexities of modern life.
Louise’s specialist interest areas are anxiety and depression management and the promotion of resiliency in the client. She also recognises the importance of families and how an individual member can develop their values, insights and strengths from the social units in which they were raised. She is therefore, committed to working with couples, families and individuals for the promotion of mental well-being.
Louise adheres to the code of professional conduct of the Australian Psychological Society and is registered with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency).
- Bachelor of Arts (Majoring in Psychology & English Literature) University of Western Sydney (UWS) 1996 -1999
- Graduate Diploma of Education – UWS, 2000
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology - UWS, 2003
- Graduate Certificate of Counselling – UWS, 2004
Clinical & Professional Training
- Clinical Supervision 2 year program – Registered Psychologist PSY 0001026648
- Triple P – Positive Parenting Program
- Seasons of Growth (Loss & Grief program for children)
- Check it Out (CBT program for children)
- Brief Solution Focussed Therapy training
- Training courses in co- morbid mental health issues & substance abuse, motivational interviewing for addictions, management of depression, anxiety, self-harming & suicide risk, autism spectrum disorder interventions and management
- Accredited Supervisor for Intern/Provisional Psychologists